- Karuna Health 5-HTP 100 mg, is the direct precursor to serotonin, an important neurotransmitter that participates in the regulation of emotional moods, sleep/wake cycles, nerve thresholds, and appetite.
- Extracted from plant sources (Griffonia simplicifolia), 5-HTP is a natural alternative to synthetic L-tryptophan, which is now available by prescription only.
- In addition to increasing serotonin levels, 5-HTP causes an increase in levels of endorphins and other neurotransmitters that may be low in some clinical situations.
- Serotonin is an important initiator of sleep, and 5-HTP has been studied for many positive benefits with sleeplessness.
- Research also suggests increased serotonin levels may promote early satiety for appetite regulation.
One capsule per day, before a meal or at bedtime, or as directed.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 90
Amount Per Serving
5-Hydroxytryptophan ... 100 mg
Vegetarian capsule, rice powder.
† Based on 2000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.