- Douglas Labs Niacinate tablets contain 600 mg of inositol hexaniacinate which provides 540 mg of niacin.
- This ester of niacin and inositol eliminates the uncomfortable skin-flushing side effects often observed with high-dose crystalline niacin.
- Vitamin B3, better known as niacin, regulates fundamentally important physiological functions within the body. Without it, the body cannot release energy from carbohydrates or fats that are consumed. In addition, studies have shown that it is helpful in the healthy metabolism of cholesterol.
- However, the quantities needed for cardiovascular effectiveness can cause a flushing sensation, including feelings of heat, itchiness and burning, especially around the facial area.
- These effects are due to histamine release from the mast cells, starting approximately 20 minutes after ingestion and lasting from one to one and a half hours.
- Thus, the need for an alternative to pure niacin has led to the usage of inositol hexaniacinate. This compound consists of six molecules of niacin and one molecule of inositol. When it is metabolized in the body, it is broken down into its components.
- Due to its chemical structure, supplementation with inositol hexaniacinate is generally better tolerated than niacin alone and is associated with a decreased likelihood of a flushing sensation.
Serving size 1 Tablet
Amount Per Serving ..... %DV
(as inositol hexaniacinate)
(from inositol hexaniacinate)
Dicalcium Phosphate, Cellulose, stearic acid, silica and vegetable stearate.
One to three tablets daily with meals, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
No adverse side effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
IMO, Douglas Labs Niacinate is the Gold Label of niacinate products. Taken in combination with Thorne Choleast red yeast rice has reduced my Total and LDL by over 30% in just over 6 months without any negative side effects.
All good after a mix up. Problem was promptly fixed.