- Douglas Laboratories Berberine Balance combines high potency berberine with alpha lipoic acid and grape seed extract to lower blood sugar and support cardiovascular function.
- Prescribed to lower high blood sugar and high cholesterol.
- Berberine, a naturally occurring alkaloid found in a number of plants, is an effective supplement for helping to maintain cardiometabolic health which includes healthy blood lipids, circulation and blood vessel function.
- Grape seed extract is an antioxidant with proven heart health benefits.
- Alpha lipoic acid aids in the energy metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and fats, has physiological functions in blood glucose clearance, and is able to scavenge a number of free radicals.
- Berberines' history of usage in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine dating back approximately 3,000 years has shown to help maintain a healthy microbial balance.
- Delivers 500mg of Berberine HCI per capsule.
- Available in 60ct capsules.
Adults take 1 capsule twice daily or as directed by your health care professional.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving ..... %DV
Berberine HCI…....500 mg
(from Berberis aristata extract, root)
Alpha Lipoic Acid…....50 mg
Grape Seed Extract........50 mg
*Daily Value not established.
Cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, vegetable stearate and silica.
May cause gastrointestinal adverse effects in some individuals.
Berberine may increase bilirubin levels. Berberine displaces bilirubin from albumin and increases total and unbound bilirubin concentrations.
WARNING: DO NOT TAKE IF PREGNANT OR LACTATING
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Ordered this because my cholesterol was starting to creep up but I am very opposed to taking rxs if at all possible. This did the trick. Blood work showed a drop in my numbers and Dr's isn't trying to put me on any of those meds with a million side effects. Thank you Douglas Labs.
It has helped with my PCOS and lowering my cholesterol
It has worked great helping me lower my blood sugars and A1C
I supplement moderately (& not all the time) with Berberine to help stave off insulin resistance & the type II Diabetes that waits for many of us if we don't monitor our behavior. Not that I am there, just don't want to GET there. This is especially true with advancing age. I chose Douglas Labs formulation because of their brand's stellar reputation (I am going to get what I think I bought) & I particularly like that they tossed in Alpha Lipoic acid & Grape seed extract. Two other supplements for metabolic & diabetic support.
The 500mg dose makes it easy to break in to the commonly recommended 3 dose daily max 1500 (different authorities vary their recommendation but this is the most common I have seen). Personally prefer 1 or 2 doses later in the day to help insure higher glucose won't be carried in my sleep the assumption being that during the day you can burn off the sugar with activity.
Helps keep blood sugar levels balanced and blood pressure. I have been using this for 4 years under a doctor’s request to try. Blood work let’s you know it’s working.