- Douglas Laboratories Methyl Folate supplies 1,000 mcg of biologically active folate called (6S) 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF). Folate is needed in higher amounts during the first trimester of pregnancy to support proper brain development.
- Folate is a water-soluble essential B vitamin found in many foods, including leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits and beans. Research has established that supplementation with folate before and during the first two months of pregnancy can support proper neurological development in the fetus.
- Additionally, folate plays a key role in the metabolism of homocysteine. Homocysteine is a sulfur containing amino acid that is created in the body from methionine, an essential amino acid derived solely from dietary intake. High plasma levels of homocysteine appear to injure the vasculature, impairing the functional abilities of endothelial and smooth muscle cells.
- Douglas Labs Methyl Folate is a useful dietary supplement for those individuals that prefer a high dose active form of folic acid.
- Available in 60ct tablets.
- Also available in 5mg (5000mcg) capsules. Douglas Labs Methyl Folate 5mg
Adults take 1 tablet daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Serving size 1 Tablet
Amount Per Serving ...... %DV
(as L-methylfolate, Metafolin)
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearate and silica.
Side Effects: Doses of 5 mg or higher per day can cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and rash.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
My Dr suggested this to help me absorb my depression medication, I feel it has helped.
Works just as good as the expensive stuff
I see improvement with using your product…Thank You
Taking since 2016!
Great if you do not metabolize B 12 naturally because this product goes through the blood brain barrier vs the gut!