- Douglas Laboratories Methyl Folate supplies 1,000 mcg of biologically active folate called (6S) 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF). Folate is needed in higher amounts during the first trimester of pregnancy to support proper brain development.
- Folate is a water-soluble essential B vitamin found in many foods, including leafy green vegetables, citrus fruits and beans. Research has established that supplementation with folate before and during the first two months of pregnancy can support proper neurological development in the fetus.
- Additionally, folate plays a key role in the metabolism of homocysteine. Homocysteine is a sulfur containing amino acid that is created in the body from methionine, an essential amino acid derived solely from dietary intake. High plasma levels of homocysteine appear to injure the vasculature, impairing the functional abilities of endothelial and smooth muscle cells.
- Douglas Labs Methyl Folate is a useful dietary supplement for those individuals that prefer a high dose active form of folic aci
- Available in 60ct tablets.
- Also available in 5mg (5000mcg) capsules. Douglas Labs Methyl Folate 5mg
Adults take 1 tablet daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Serving size 1 Tablet
Amount Per Serving ...... %DV
(as L-methylfolate, Metafolin)
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearate and silica.
Side Effects: Doses of 5 mg or higher per day can cause abdominal cramps, diarrhea, and rash.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
One year ago I was diagnosed with a folate deficiency because of my celiac disease. I immediately added Douglas Laboratories Methyl Folate to my diet. Not only do I feel better but the quality of these supplements are unparalled and my continued good health is proof.
Douglas Laboratories Methyl Folate 1,000mcg
I have recently developed some digestive issues, and the doctor suggested the low-FODMAP diet. I had at times, in addition to other influences, found that I sometimes felt ill effects after taking some of my vitamin supplements. When I was given the low-FODMAP diet, I looked at the supplement labels and found that the Solgar folate I had been taking contained mannitol, one of the sugars which are the focus of that diet. As far as I can make out, the Douglas Labs folate does not contain any of those. In truth, what is in the other brand is probably not enough to cause problems, but I have decided I prefer to avoid those substances in my supplements.
No problems with my order.
Happy with the product