- Douglas Laboratories Methylcobalamin Liquid provides 1,000 mcg of highly bioavailable vitamin B12 in a tasty and convenient liquid.
- Vitamin B12 is essential for normal metabolism of carbohydrates, fat and protein. As a cofactor for methylmalonyl-CoA mutase enzymes, vitamin B12 helps convert odd chain fatty acids and branched chain amino acids into succinyl-CoA, a common citric acid cycle intermediate.
- Vitamin B12 as provided by Douglas Laboratories Methylcobalamin Liquid,is also required for nucleic acid (DNA) synthesis, methionine synthesis from cysteine, and normal myelin synthesis in the nervous system.
- Along with vitamin B6 and folic acid, adequate levels of vitamin B12 are required to maintain normal plasma homocysteine levels.
- Certain populations, including the elderly, those with HIV/AIDS, and strict vegetarians are often at risk for vitamin B12 deficiency, either due to low dietary intake or impaired absorption.
- Most of the vitamin B12 found in supplements is in the form of cyanocobalamin. While cyanocobalamin is an excellent source of vitamin B12, studies indicate that methylcobalamin, a coenzyme form of B12, may be better utilized and better retained in the body. Other studies indicate that methylcobalamin itself may play important roles in supporting neurological and immune health.
- Douglas Laboratories Methylcobalamin Liquid may be a useful nutritional adjunct for individuals who wish to increase their intake of vitamin B12.
Serving Size 1 dropper (1 ml)
Amount Per Serving ....... %DV
Vitamin B12………..1,000 mcg 16,667%
Purified water. natural glycerin, natural cherry flavor, sodium benzoate, and citric acid.
Adults take 1 dropper (1 ml) daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
No adverse side effects have been reported.
Store in a cool, dry place, away from direct light. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
My naturopath originally suggested using Douglas laboratories. The ingredients are well sourced. Thank you.
I am a huge fan of the liquid B12! It’s so easy to stay consistent with my supplements with this tasty liquid