- Vital Nutrients Flax Lignan promotes prostate, breast, circulatory, and bone health*
- Lignans have strong antioxidant activity which supports healthy immune function*
- Helps alleviate discomforts associated with menopause*
- Flax Lignan SDG contains lignans which have strong antioxidant activity.* Antioxidants help protect our bodies and strengthen the immune system.* Flaxseed and the Flax Lignan SDG (secoisolariciresinol-diglucoside) are recognized to be beneficial to our health.* SDG is a lignan that is converted by colonic bacteria into enterolactone.*
- SDG was one of the first lignan precursors identified in the human diet and is one of the most extensively studied.* Studies show that populations whose diets contain high amounts of lignans maintain a higher level of health than those consuming lower levels of lignans.* This fact attracted the attention of researchers who conducted clinical studies with flaxseed containing lignans.* The study result suggests that lignans can promote prostate health, breast health, circulatory health, bone health and help women going through menopause.* Daily consumption of whole flaxseed is usually 1 to 2 tablespoons and is a common amount used in research studies.* Based on this amount of flaxseed, an average lignan intake would be approximately 50-150 milligrams per day.*
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Flax Lignan (Flaxseed Powder Extract) ... 156 mg ... *
(as from Linum usitatissmum standardized to 40% Lignans secoisolariciresinol-diglucoside)
*Daily value not established.
Vegetable Cellulose Capsule, Rice Powder, Calcium Carbonate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, and Silica. Contains: Gluten (from wheat, rye, or barley).
1-2 capsules, 2 times a day with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
If pregnant, consult your physician before taking.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.