- Boiron Homeopathics Optique 1 relieves minor eye irritation due to airborne irritants, such as dust, ragweed, and other pollens. These homeopathic eye drops also refresh fatigued eyes from long hours at a computer.
Benefits and Features:
- Soothes red, dry, itchy, gritty, burning or tired eyes.
- Sterile individual dose reduces contamination and need for preservative.
- Pre-measured amount (0.013 fl oz) is convenient, portable and enough for both eyes.
- Free of vasoconstrictors and astringents; no rebound effect and won’t worsen an existing condition.
- No known interaction with other medications or supplements.
- Won’t mask symptoms of a more serious condition.
- Recommended for everyone ages 2 and older.
- Available over the counter in boxes of 10 and 30 liquid doses.
- Boiron’s allergy line includes RhinAllergy®.
Calcarea fluorica ... 10X HPUS 0.25%
Relieves eyestrain and fatigue characterized by flickering light
Calendula officinalis ... 4X HPUS 0.25%
Relieves eye dryness associated with smoke or other airborne irritants
Cineraria maritima ... 6C HPUS 1.50%
Soothes sensitivity to light and glare (contains less than 10⁻¹³ mg pyrrolizidine alkaloids)
Euphrasia officinalis ... 4X HPUS 1.00%
Relieves burning, irritated eyes
Kali muriaticum ... 10X HPUS 0.25%
Alleviates gritty sensation (feeling of sand in the eye)
Magnesia carbonica ... 10X HPUS 0.25%
Relieves sharp and brief eye irritation associated with eye fatigue
Silicea ... 10X HPUS 0.25%
Relieves tired eyes
The letters 'HPUS' indicate that the components in this product are officially monographed in the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Alcohol, purified water, sodium chloride
Adults and children 2 years of age and older: At the onset of symptoms, put 1 to 2 drops, or more if necessary, in affected eye(s). Repeat 2 to 6 times a day, as needed, or as directed by a doctor.
Children under 2 years of age: Ask a doctor.
Obtain immediate medical treatment for all open wounds or near the eyes. To avoid contamination, do not touch tip of dropper to any surface. Do not touch the eye with the tip of the dropper. Do not reuse once opened, discard dropper after each use.
Do not use if solution changes color or becomes cloudy. Stop use and ask a doctor if you experiments eye pain, changes in vision, continued redness or irritation of the eye, or if the condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or conduct a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use if glued carton end flaps are open or if inner foil pouch and droppers are not intact. Do not refrigerate or freeze. After opening foil pouch: store unused droppers in the foil pouch for no longer than 3 months at a temperature that does not exceed 77°F (25°C).
After opening the dropper: the product must be used immediately. After administering: discard dropper. Do not reuse. Contains 0.00916% alcohol. Isotonic to tears.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I've been using these eye drops for years. They are soothing in allergy season and for dry eyes in winter. I was glad to find them at Supplement First.