- Mycology Research Laboratories Maitake-MRL (Grifola frondosa) is not an extract of Grifola frondosa, it contains both mycelium and primordia (young fruit body) cultivated into a biomass that is grown on a sterilised (autoclaved) substrate.
- This cultivation process ensures that it is free from contamination by other fungi and that pesticides and heavy metals are absent.
- The cultivation system is proprietary, allowing for standardised production of Grifola frondosa.
- The Maitake-MRL biomass contains mycelium and primordia (young fruiting body) of the respective mushroom. In comparison to Maitake extracts, biomass has the advantage of no unwanted shift of effect which happens with extracts or concentrates, including lyophilisation, and thus the activity of the product corresponds with the source mushroom while being further intensified by utilizing the entire mycelium.
- Mycelium biomass of mushrooms offers a mixture of many co-operating and co-related healthful bioavailable ingredients prepared by nature itself – it is thus a truly pure natural product.
- Mushrooms spend more than 90% of their life cycle in the mycelium. Since mushrooms cannot produce their own energy through photosynthesis, the mycelium must be able to actively obtain or produce extracellular compounds and metabolites that promote the longevity and vitality of the living mushroom.
- These properties lie behind the high enzymatic activity of the mycelium, which stays preserved in the carefully processed MRL products.
- The tablets are film coated to protect them from moisture, thus preserving the quality of the product and ensuring a long shelf life.
- After passing quality control testing the tablets are released for use. The choice of additives used in manufacture renders these tablets suitable for Kosher or vegetarian use.
- The fungal biomass Grifola frondosa that comprises Maitake-MRL is certified 100% Organic in the United States by Quality Assurance International (Certificate No. 103491-A).
Serving Size: 2 tablets
Amount Per Serving ... %DV
Calories ... 4
Total Carbohydrate ... 850 mg
Dietary Fiber ... 60 mg
Protein ... 66 mg
Grifola frondosa ... 1000 mg
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Stearic Acid, Silica, Vegetable Magnesium Stearate
For use as a dietary supplement, take 2 to 6 tablets per day.
Keep out of reach of children. Consult a physician if pregnant or nursing or if you are taking any other medications.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.