- Mycology Research Laboratories Cordyceps-MRL is derived from a master strain of Cordyceps sourced from Nepal. The powder contains both mycelium and primordia (young fruit body) cultivated into a biomass that is grown on a sterilised (autoclaved) substrate.
- This cultivation process ensures the powder is free from contamination by other fungi and that pesticides and heavy metals are absent. The cultivation system is proprietary, allowing for standardised production of Cordyceps sinensis.
- Unlike Cordyceps sinensis sourced from the Far East the MRL raw material is not harvested from dead caterpillar but rather is grown on a sterile culture medium. Thus the possibility of contamination by harmful bacteria or fungi is eliminated.
- The Cordyceps-MRL biomass contains mycelium and primordia (young fruiting body) of the respective mushroom. In comparison to Cordyceps extracts, biomass has the advantage of no unwanted shift of effect which happens with extracts or concentrates, including lyophilisation, and thus the activity of the product corresponds with the source mushroom, while being further intensified by utilizing the entire mycelium.
- Mycelium biomass of mushrooms offers a mixture of many co-operating and co-related healthful bioavailable ingredients prepared by nature itself – it is thus a truly pure natural product.
- Mushrooms spend more than 90% of their life cycle in the mycelium. Since mushrooms cannot produce their own energy through photosynthesis, the mycelium must be able to actively obtain or produce extracellular compounds and metabolites that promote the longevity and vitality of the living mushroom. These properties lie behind the high enzymatic activity of the mycelium, which stays preserved in the carefully processed Mycology Research Laboratories products.
Manufacturing Process of Cordyceps-MRL™
- The Cordyceps sinensis is processed under the same rigorously controlled conditions that are applied to the manufacture of a conventional pharmaceutical. This ensures that each tablet contains 500 mg of the standardised Cordyceps product.
- The tablets are film coated to protect them from moisture, thus preserving the quality of the product and ensuring a long shelf life.
- After passing quality control testing the tablets are released for use. The choice of additives used in the production renders these tablets suitable for Kosher or vegetarian use.
- The fungal biomass Cordyceps sinensis that comprises Cordyceps-MRL is certified 100% Organic in the United States by Quality Assurance International (Certificate No. 103491-A).
Serving Size: 2 Tablets
Amount Per Serving ... %DV
Calories ... 6
Total Carbohydrate ... 1,199mg ... <1%*
Dietary Fiber ... 86mg
Protein ... 100g
Bionectria ochroleuca ... 1,000mg ... **
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Stearic Acid, and Vegetable Magnesium Stearate.
For use as a dietary supplement, take 2 to 6 tablets per day.
Keep out of reach of children. Consult a physician if pregnant or nursing or if you are taking any other medications.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.