- VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Disc combines bovine tracheal cartilage with amino acids, mineral sulfates, vitamins, pepsin, and natural silicon sources - all necessary for the support and maintenance of connective tissue.
- Bovine tracheal cartilage is a rich source of chondroitin sulfates which make up the connective tissue matrix and are found in an especially high concentration in the spinal and invertebrate disc tissues.
- Other ingredients like taurine and equisetum arvense are necessary for the synthesis of connective tissue, while minerals like calcium and magnesium support bone growth and maintenance.
- Zinc is necessary for tissue respiration and is also important in the body' healing process.
- Amino acids such as serine link the glycosaminoglycan structure to connective tissue proteins, and vitamins C and D support collagen production and calcium absorption, respectively.
Directions for Use:
Under 15 lbs: 1 capsule daily
16 - 35 lbs: 2 capsules daily
36 - 80 lbs: 3 capsules daily
Over 80 lbs: 4 capsules daily
If giving more than one capsule daily, divide between AM and PM.
Active Ingredients Per Capsule:
Bovine Tracheal Cartilage
(Source of Chondroitin-4-and-6-Sulfates)...... 200 mg
Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) ......100 mg
Pectin ......100 mg
L-Taurine ......50 mg
Manganese (Manganese Sulfate)....... 30 mg
L-Serine....... 30 mg
Calcium (Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Ascorbate)....... 25 mg
Horsetail Rush (Equisetum arvense) Herb Powder....... 10 mg
Magnesium (Magnesium Sulfate) .......10 mg
Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6) .......10 mg
Potassium (Potassium Citrate) .......9.5 mg
Pepsin....... 5 mg
Zinc (Zinc Sulfate) .......1.8 mg
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3)....... 30 IU
Inactive Ingredient: gelatin, rice flour.
CAUTION: Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven.
CAUTION: If lameness worsens, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian.
CAUTION: Administer during or after the animal has eaten to reduce incidence of gastrointestinal upset.
CAUTION: Federal law prohibits the off-label use of this product in ruminants.
For use in dogs only.
WARNING: For animal use only.
WARNING: Keep out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.
Store in a cool, dry place.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Seems to be helping!
I’ve been using vetridisc for my French bulldog for about 6months to help keep his back healthy as they can suffer from IVDD. So far he has been healthy and I think this supplement helps keep him that way!