- Thorne Research Thyrocsin provides nutritional and botanical support for thyroid function
- Contains nutrients and botanicals that enhance T4 levels – iodine, tyrosine, and ashwagandha
- Provides key nutrients for peripheral conversion of T4 to T3 – selenium, zinc, and copper.
- Helps optimize metabolism.
- Unique, non-glandular formulation available only from Thorne Research.
- The hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3) are produced by the thyroid gland. These hormones are essential to the proper development of cells in the body. Thyroid hormones regulate the metabolism of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, affecting how these compounds produce energy. Individual thyroid hormones have important functions in the body; for example, T4 supports cardiac output, heart rate, respiratory rate, and basal metabolic rate (BMR). A low BMR may cause one to be fatigued, chilly, and have trouble losing weight.
Thyrocsin provides supportive nutrients for a healthy thyroid gland.* Not only does Thyrocsin support healthy thyroid function, it also provides nutrients necessary for conversion of T4 to T3 in the tissues outside the thyroid gland.*
Iodine is necessary for formation of T4, while L-tyrosine is a necessary component of both T4 and T3 formation.* Animal studies indicate the Ayurvedic botanical ashwagandha can increase T4 concentrations.* Several nutrients are also necessary for conversion of T4 to T3, including the minerals selenium, zinc, and copper.* Thyrocsin contains vitamin B12 because its insufficiency appears to interfere with the activity of thyroid hormones.* Conversion of T4 to T3 can be inhibited by heavy metal toxicity and lipid peroxidation; the antioxidant vitamins C and E can counterbalance this inhibition.*
Thyroid hormones are involved with metabolism throughout the body. Thus, a deficiency or excess of thyroid hormones can have far-reaching effects. High cortisol levels can interfere with thyroid function, resulting in low T4 or poor conversion of T4 to the active form, T3. Nutrients that support normal levels of cortisol may be of benefit for this population.*
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Two Capsules Contain:
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) .......200 mg.
Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) ......67 mg
Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) ......100 mcg.
Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) ......225 mcg.
Zinc (as TRAACS® Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate)* .....5 mg.
Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) .....100 mcg.
Copper (as Copper Citrate)...... 500 mcg.
L-Tyrosine..... 500 mg.
Ashwagandha extract (KSM-66®)** (root) (Withania somnifera) ......90 mg.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
Iodine may occasionally cause an allergic reaction in some individuals.
If pregnant, nursing, or trying to conceive, consult your health professional before using this product.
Tyrosine is contraindicated in individuals taking an MAO inhibitor antidepressant medication.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.