- Thorne Research NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) is a potent amino acid that increases glutathione levels (for liver detoxification).In addition to supporting respiratory health, it also has kidney-protective effects.
- N-acetylcysteine (NAC), a sulfur-containing amino acid, is the precursor to the amino acid L-cysteine, one of the three amino acids that comprise glutathione.
- Animal and human studies of NAC have concluded it has potent antioxidant activity.In addition to its antioxidant activity, NAC is effective in promoting normal liver detoxification and protecting the liver and the kidneys from toxic insults.
- As a sulfur source, NAC stimulates the synthesis and activity of glutathione, an important antioxidant in its own right.
- Research suggests NAC is capable of enhancing immune function.
- NAC also helps maintain good pulmonary health due to its mucolytic activity.
- In a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, NAC positively impacted lymphocyte cell numbers, white cells that are crucial to normal immune function.
- The sulfur in NAC is able to cleave the bonds in mucoproteins, which results in mucus being broken into smaller, less viscous pieces.Hence, NAC's ability to decrease the viscoelasticity of nasal mucus and increase the clearance of mucus by the cilia by thinning secretions helps maintain good pulmonary health.
Take 1 capsule two to three times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
One Capsule Contains:
N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 500 mg.
(derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Several months ago, I started taking a number of supplements designed to boost my immune system. It is hard to say if one is working more than the others but I do think it makes a difference. I haven’t had any issues with this one, and I made it through the fall and winter without ever being sick. I take that as a positive sign!
Great supplement I take this everyday
My doctor recommended getting NAC when I was diagnosed with the WuFlu. He was pleasantly surprised when I told him I was already taking it. I think it really helped lessen my symptoms, especially since i have asthma and was concerned about my lungs if I got the virus. Now my whole family is taking NAC.