- Thorne Research Beta Alanine-SR is an amino acid that supports the muscles during activity.
- Supports the buffering capacity of muscles
- Increases carnosine levels in muscles
- Helps maintain and promote muscle endurance and power output
- Helps improve time-to-exhaustion during aerobic and anaerobic exercise
- Provides antioxidant support
- PureTab™ sustained-release delivery maximizes benefits while minimizing potential tingling
- The amino acid beta-alanine is a rate-limiting cofactor required for the creation of carnosine, which is responsible for buffering hydrogen ions that are created during energy production in the muscle.
- Carnosine helps maintain normal pH in the muscle, since acidity is a major contributor to muscle fatigue. Oral carnosine is poorly absorbed in all humans, and tends to be lower in females and those who limit animal proteins in the diet.
- Sustained-release beta-alanine supplementation has been shown to increase carnosine concentrations in the muscle.* Supplementation with beta alanine supports muscle health, muscle work capacity, and perceived time-to-exhaustion in both anaerobic exercise lasting one to four minutes and aerobic exercise lasting greater than four minutes.*
- Beta-alanine has also been shown to benefit athletic performance.*
- For example, studies have shown improvements in fatigue in cyclists, 2,000 meter rowing time trials, strength in college football athletes, and sprint performance in endurance cyclists.*
- Carnosine also has a role as an antioxidant, limiting the accumulation of free radicals from oxidation of lipid membranes.* PureTab™ sustained-release delivery system minimizes tingling sensations and poor absorption associated with doses of non-sustained release beta-alanine above 800 mg. Beta Alanine-SR is NSF Certified for Sport®.
Take 2 tablets one to two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Two Tablets Contain:
SR CarnoSyn® Beta-alanine† ......1.6 g
Hypromellose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Corn Starch, Rice Extract, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
There are no known adverse interactions or contraindications at publication date.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.