- Pure Encapsulations l-Methionine is an essential amino acid that contains sulfur, which is an important component of cartilage building blocks such as proteoglycans and glycosaminoglycans.
- Methionine is incorporated into tissue proteins and enzymes and is a component of active peptides, including methionine enkephalin and various endorphins. One of the main roles of l-methionine is as a methyl donor, contributing to numerous physiological pathways in the body including formation of myelin components.
- In the methylation pathway, methionine is converted to Sadenosylmethionine (SAMe), a methyl donor. Studies suggest that l-methionine promotes healthy cellular metabolism, enzyme activity and glutathione concentration.
- l-Methionine, like choline and betaine, is also a lipotropic compound supporting lipid metabolism and healthy hepatic function. In combination with antioxidants, l-methionine may also play a role in healthy pancreatic function.
- Gluten Free, GMO Free, Soy Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
Serving size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving ... %DV
L-Methionine (free-form) ... 375 mg ... *
*Daily value (DV) not established
Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water)
As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule, 2-3 times daily, between meals.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.