- Protocol for Life Balance ProtoSorb™ C is a unique formulation featuring Transport C-PLUS®Threonic Acid, which has been shown to enhance uptake of Vitamin C.
- This buffered, non-acidic Vitamin C supplement also contributes Alpha-Lipoic Acid, a free radical scavenger known to help regenerate both Vitamin C and glutathione in the body.
- Studies suggest that Alpha-Lipoic Acid may further promote the body’s utilization of Vitamin C, by activating uptake into cells via the glucose transport pathways.
- Bioflavonoids also synergistically participate at the cellular level to create a well-absorbed, highly biologically available Vitamin C supplement.
- Vitamin C is required for the synthesis of collagen, a structural component of blood vessels, tendons, ligaments and bone.
Serving Size 1 Veg Capsule
Amount Per Serving ..... % DV
Vitamin C ..... 500mg ..... 833%
(From Threonic Acid Enhanced Buffered Calcium Ascorbate)
Calcium ...... 60mg ...... 6%
(From Buffered Calcium Ascorbate)
Transport C-PLUS® .....650mg ..... *
(Trademarked blend of Threonic Acid Enhanced Buffered Calcium Ascorbate and Alpha Lipoic Acid)
Alpha Lipoic Acid .....40mg ..... *
Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex .....100mg ..... *
Acerola Powder .....25mg .....*
(Malpighia punicifolia) (Fruit)
Rose Hips Powder .....25mg ..... *
(Rosa Canina) (Fruit)
Rutin Powder .....25mg..... *
(Sophora Japonica) (Flower Bud)
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (cellulose capsule), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Stearic Acid (vegetable source), Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Silica.
Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times daily, preferably with food or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions / Interactions:
Vitamin C may interact with oral estrogen medications, HMG CoA inhibitors, and blood thinning medications. Doses of >2000 mg vitamin C per day may cause GI disturbances in sensitive individuals and may not be advisable for some people. Consult your healthcare practitioner if you take any prescription medications or have a medical condition before exceeding the recommended dosage for this product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.