- Protocol for Life Balance Mucuna Extract supports a Healthy Nervous System.
- Mucuna is a legume widely used in traditional Ayurvedic herbalism.
- Mucuna is known to naturally possess the direct dopamine precursor, L-Dopa.
- Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that helps to maintain normal brain and nervous system function and promotes a positive mood.
- Unlike dopamine, L-Dopa can penetrate the blood-brain barrier and can be used by the brain to produce dopamine.
- This product is standardized to a minimum of 15% L-Dopa.
Serving Size 2 Veg Capsules
Amount Per Serving
Mucuna Extract (Mucuna spp.) ..... 800 mg *
(Seed) (min. 15% L-Dopa, naturally occurring)
L-Dopa ..... 120 mg *
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Cellulose Powder, Stearic Acid (vegetable source) and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source).
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take 2 capsules with a meal, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Best when taken early in the day.
Cautions / Interactions:
Do not use if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. If you are taking medications (especially methyldopa, tricyclic antidepressants, or MAOIs) or have a medical condition including a history of melanoma, diabetes, peptic ulcer, liver disease, psychiatric disorder, or cardiovascular disease, or if you are planning to have surgery, consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product. Keep out of reach of children.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I really don't know how this works, but my naturopathic physician suggested I take it for the bloating below my left rib which she said was caused by bacteria growing.