- Protocol for Life Balance Milk Thistle Extract is a Liver Support Formula.
- Milk thistle (Silybum marianum) has been used by traditional herbalists for centuries.
- Silymarin, an extract of milk thistle, is composed of a family of flavonoids, including Silybin, with smaller amounts of Silydianin and Silychristin.
- Milk thistle has been shown to support the production of glutathione by the liver.
- Studies indicate that the constituents in Silymarin may help to support healthy liver function.
- This vegetarian formula also includes extracts of Artichoke & Dandelion for additional support.
Serving Size 1 Softgel
Amount Per Serving ..... % Daily Value
Calories ..... 5
Total Fat ..... 0.5 g ..... < 1% *
Milk Thistle Extract ...... 450 mg ..... *
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
*Daily Value not established.
Softgel Capsule (bovine gelatin, water, glycerin, organic caramel color), Organic Sunflower Oil, Sunflower Lecithin and Silica.
Not manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take 1 softgel daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions / Interactions:
Milk Thistle may interact with some drugs, including acetaminophen. May trigger mild, transient GI discomfort. Consult your healthcare practitioner if you are pregnant/nursing or if you suffer from obstruction of the bile ducts, gallstones, or gallbladder dysfunction. Do not take this product if you have an allergy to plants of the Asteraceae family.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.