- Protocol for Life Balance L-Carnitine supports energy production.
- L-Carnitine is a non-essential amino acid that is abundant in heart, muscle and liver tissues.
- It helps to maintain metabolic health by facilitating the transfer of long-chain fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane for cellular energy production.
- In addition, it thereby assists the body in using fat for energy.
- It naturally occurs in red meat and other animal source foods, but some people may have an increased need for dietary L-Carnitine due to high fat and vegetarian diets.
- Clinical studies indicate that L-Carnitine may promote exercise performance and recovery.
Amount Per Serving
L-Carnitine (Carnipure) ..... 500 mg *
(from L-Carnitine Tartrate)
*Daily Value not established.
Other Ingredients: Cellulose (capsule), Cellulose Powder, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Silica.
Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times daily, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions / Interactions:
Mild gastrointestinal symptoms have been reported at higher levels of intake. Individuals with thyroid disease, or taking thyroid hormone replacement should consult a physician prior to using L-carnitine. It may also interact with anti-arrhythmic drugs, such as propafenone and mexiletine, as well as anticoagulant medications. Pregnant/nursing women should consult their healthcare practitioner before taking this product. Do Not Eat Freshness Packet. Keep in Bottle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.