- Protocol for Life Balance 5-HTP is the intermediate precursor in the natural synthesis of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that helps to regulate mood, appetite, and sleep/wake cycles.
- 5-HTP readily crosses the blood-brain barrier and clinical studies suggest that 5-HTP can support healthy serotonin levels.
- Serotonin is associated with positive mood and provides a substrate for the production of melatonin.
- 5-HTP is extracted from the bean of the African plantGriffonia simplicifolia, a natural vegetable source.
- 200mg Formula includesGlycine, Taurine & Inositol.
Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule
Amount Per Serving ...... %Daily Value
5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) .....100 mg .....*
(from Griffonia simplicifolia Extract) (Seed)
*Daily Value not established.
Rice flour and cellulose (capsule).
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take 1 capsule 1 to 3 times daily, preferably on an empty stomach before bedtime, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Cautions / Interactions:
May cause mild, but transient GI discomfort. 5-HTP should be used with caution in combination with any serotonergic drug or herb, including SSRIs, MAOIs and St. John’s wort. If you are taking any of these medications or if you are planning any surgical procedures, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to using this product. Individuals with a history of cardiac conditions, use only under the direction of your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for pregnant or nursing women.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Love this supplement really helps with regulating mood
Protocol for Life Balance 5-HTP
I use this 5HTP due to a recommendation from my Naturopath and find this to be of good quality and helpful for my spirits