- Progressive Laboratories Osteo-Mins PM with D+K1, K2 uses both vitamin K1 and K2. Vitamin K is necessary for the synthesis of osteocalcin, the protein in bone tissue upon which calcium crystallizes. However, patients taking medications to prevent blood clotting must carefully monitor their intake of vitamin K.
- Progressive Laboratories Osteo-Mins AM formula contains strontium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, molybdenum, boron and silicon, and is taken in the morning.
- The Osteo-Mins PM formula containing calcium, magnesium, vitamin D (or vitamins D and K) are taken at bedtime.
- Many researchers feel that when these nutrients are taken a different times during the day, assimilation of all nutrients is improved.
- The Osteo-Mins formulas were developed and formulated by Jonathan V. Wright, M.D., author of Nutrition and Healing.
Amount Per Serving ... %DV
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) ... 1000 IU ... 250%
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione) ... 1000 mcg ... 1250%
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone 7) ... 100 mcg ... 125%
Calcium (as calcium citrate) ... 1000 mg ... 100%
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) ... 300 mg ... 75%
Gelatin, Rice Flour, Vegetable Lubricant.
Eight capsules before bedtime or more as directed.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Waiting to see what my next bone density test results will be before I can provide any recommendations. So far feeling good and strong.
I’ve been using this product for years. I have severe cramping in my legs that would wake me up at night that would sometimes make me immobile . I take these tablets throughout the day .. two in the morning, two in the afternoon, and two in the evening. They are a lifesaver!
I have been using this supplement for at least a couple of decades because of severe osteoporosis. The bone density test still says I have severe osteoporosis, but the specialists claim it would be even worse without this supplement. Given other research on the correlation between CA supplements and risk to the heart, and my own healthy diet, I take only 6 tabs a day instead of the recommended 8. I also focus on bone-strengthening exercise even at age 78. I am pleased to have another source for PL's product other than PL (which used to sell it directly) and Amazon.com, which now has too much power over our lives.