- Progressive Laboratories L-Carnitine 500 is made in the body from the amino acids lysine and methionine, and is needed to release energy from fat. It transports fatty acids into mitochondria, the powerhouses of cells.
- In infancy, and in situations of high energy needs, such as pregnancy and breast-feeding, the need for L-carnitine can exceed production by the body. Therefore, L-carnitine is considered a “conditionally essential” nutrient.
- L-Carnitine 500 is found extensively in muscle, predominantly in skeletal and heart muscle. L-carnitine aids in the removal of short and medium chain fatty acids from the mitochondria which accumulate during normal metabolism.
- Clinical studies have indicated that L-carnitine maintained healthy cardiac enzymes including lipid peroxides and lactate dehydrogenase. In combination with other cardiovascular support agents, L-carnitine supported ventricular function and superoxide dismutase enzyme activity in human volunteers.
- Long-term L-carnitine supplementation indicated positive support for cardiovascular health after a 3-year follow-up in adult subjects.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
L-Carnitine ... 500 mg ... *
*Daily Value not established
Gelatin (capsule), calcium carbonate, starch, silica, vegetable lubricant.
One capsule twice daily, or more, or as directed by a health care professional.
Not to be used by pregnant or lactating women. Tamper evident band around cap and seal on bottle. Do not use if either seal is broken or missing. Keep out of reach of children.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND GET THE RESULTS THAT I AM SUPPOSE TO GET. I REALLY LIKE THIS PRODUCT. I STARTED USING IT BECAUSE OF MY FIBROMYALGIA.