- NOW Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg is a natural product that has been used by Asian traditional herbalists since approximately 800 A.D.
- Produced by fermenting Red Yeast (Monascus purpureus) with white rice, Red Yeast Rice is commonly used in cooking applications to enhance the color and flavor of foods. Peking Duck is an example of the coloration and flavor imparted by Red Yeast Rice.
- NOW Red Yeast Rice is carefully produced to avoid the presence of citrinin, an unwanted by-product of the fermentation process.
- Concentrated 10:1 Extract
Serving Size: 1 Tablet
Amount Per Serving ... %Daily Value
Total Carbohydrate ... 1 g ... <1% ... *
Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate) ... 150 mg ... 12%
Red Yeast Rice Powder ... 1.2 g (1,200 mg) ... †
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Maltodextrin, Hydroxypropyl Cellulose, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source), Silicon Dioxide and Vegetarian Coating.
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take 1 tablet 1 to 2 times daily, preferably with food. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
Do not use if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breast feeding, because using this product may harm the fetus. For adults only. Consult physician if taking medication (especially statins) or have a medical condition including a history of statin-intolerance or liver disease. Keep out of reach of children. If muscle complaints occur, discontinue use and consult a physician.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.