- NOW L-Tryptophan Powder is an essential amino acid; therefore, it is not synthesized by the body and must be obtained from the diet.*
- L-Tryptophan is critical for the production of serotonin and melatonin, which help to support a positive mood, healthy sleep patterns, and proper immune system function.*
- Every lot of NOW® L-Tryptophan is tested to be free of Peak E and microbial contamination.
- Encourages Positive Mood*
- Promotes Restful Sleep*
Serving Size: Two 1/4 Level Teaspoons (approx. 1 g)
Amount Per Serving ... %Daily Value
L-Tryptophan (Free-Form) ... 950 mg ... *
* Daily Value not established.
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take one or two 1/4 level teaspoons 2 to 3 times daily on an empty stomach, with final dose at bedtime, or as directed by your physician. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (especially antidepressants such as SSRIs and MAOIs), or have a medical condition. May cause drowsiness. Do not use with alcoholic beverages or while operating heavy machinery. Keep out of reach of children.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.