- NOW Flax Oil 1000 mg is a natural reservoir for the omega-3 fatty acid, Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA). ALA is considered an essential fatty acid, because the body cannot make it from other fats and must obtain it from the diet.
- Flax Oil has been shown to support cardiovascular health and to promote the maintenance of healthy skin.
- This non-GMO Flax Seed Oil has been specially pressed to be as close to the original oil in the seed as possible.
- Extreme care has been taken in bringing this product to the market in the softgel form, which hermetically seals the oil and protects it from oxidation and contamination.
- Each serving may also have the following naturally occurring amounts of polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats: Linolenic Acid (Omega-3) 55%; Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) 14%; Oleic Acid (Omega-9) 19%; Other (Saturated) 12%.
Flax Oil Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 3 Softgels
Amount Per Serving ... %Daily Value
Calories ... 25
Total Fat ... 3 g ... 4% ... **
Saturated Fat ... < 0.5 g ... 2% ... **
Polyunsaturated Fat ... 2 g ... †
Monounsaturated Fat ... 0.5 g ... †
Organic Flax Seed Oil ... 3 g (3,000 mg) ... †
(Linum usitatissimum) (Cold-Pressed, Unrefined)
** Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Softgel Capsule [bovine gelatin (BSE-free), organic glycerin, water, organic caramel color].
Not manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish or shellfish ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take 3 softgels 1 to 2 times daily with food. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
For adults only. Flax oil is generally well tolerated, but may be associated with mild temporary gastro-intestinal disturbances. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, including allergy to flax seed. Keep out of reach of children.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.