- Now Borage Oil 1000 mg is a nutritional oil consisting of 60% Polyunsaturated Fats and approximately twice the average content of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) as Evening Primrose Oil.
- GLA is an essential fatty acid that the body is able to produce from dietary linoleic acid; however, it can be more efficiently utilized for body functions when supplied directly through dietary sources.
- Research has determined that Borage Oil does not have harmful levels of Pyrrolizidine Alkaloids (PAs). NOW® Borage Oil is expeller-pressed and hexane-free.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel
Amount Per Serving ... %Daily Value
Calories ... 10
Total Fat ... 1 g ... 1% ... *
Polyunsaturated Fat ... 0.6 g ... †
Borage Oil ... 1 g (1,000 mg) ... †
(Borago officinalis) (Seed)
Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) ... 240 mg ... †
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
Softgel Capsule (bovine gelatin, glycerin, water).
Not manufactured with yeast, wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg, fish or shellfish ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Take 1 softgel 1 to 2 times daily, preferably with food. Store in a cool, dry place after opening.
For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication (NSAIDs, anticoagulants), or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.