- Nordic Naturals Algae Omega is the ideal vegetarian alternative to fish oil. Made from microalgae, it offers a plant-based source of beneficial marine omega-3s EPA and DHA without the use of fish. While most algae oils are short on EPA, Algae Omega's unique combination of EPA and DHA is a pure, safe, and effective source of both of these essential fatty acids.
- 100% vegetarian source of omega-3s EPA and DHA.
- Unique formulation provides significant amounts of both EPA and DHA.
- Made from microalgae, nature's original source of marine omega-3.
- Supports normal vision, heart health, positive mood, and immunity.
Serving Size: 2 Soft Gels
Amount Per Serving ... % DV**
Calories ... 10
Calories from Fat ... 10
Total Fat ... 1g ... 2%
Saturated Fat ... 0g ... 0%
Trans Fat ... 0g ... †
Total Omega-3s 715mg ... †
EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid) ... 195mg ... †
DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) ... 390mg ... †
Other Omega-3s ... 130mg ... †
**Percent Daily Values are based on a 2‚000 calorie diet.
†Daily Value not established.Less than 5mg of Cholesterol per serving.
Algal oil (marine algae oil [Schizochytrium sp.]‚ high-oleic sunflower oil‚ rosemary extract‚ natural mixed tocopherols‚ ascorbyl palmitate)‚ softgel capsule (modified cornstarch‚ glycerin‚ carrageenan‚ sorbitol‚ water‚ carob color)..
No gluten‚ milk derivatives‚ or artificial colors or flavors.
I have been using this product for a number of years as a substitute for omega-3 supplements that are derived from plankton or fish. I have been extremely satisfied with the product and have experienced no issues.
Great vegan supplement in a capsule form and easy to take.Recommended by my doctor (MD) as this is the brand that she personally takes. She does not sell it
but told me that this is the brand that she buys.
It is good to have an omega that is vegan, and has a reasonable dose.
Great supplement for a vegan
I've been using Nordic Naturals Algae Omega for more than twenty years. Since I'm 82 and in good health, it must be doing what it's supposed to do. I'm happy!