- Metabolic Maintenance Evening Primrose Oil 500 mg is a rich source of the omega-6 fatty acids linoleic acid (LA) and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). LA is an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesized by the body and must be obtained in foods. GLA is rare in foods, but can be biosynthesized from LA.
- These fatty acids are the precursors of prostaglandins, physiologically active lipid compounds that have diverse functions including vasodilatation and regulation of the inflammatory response.
- Supports balanced hormonal function.
- Helps to maintain healthy skin, joints, and weight.
- May lessen premenstrual discomfort.
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Amount Per Softgel ... %Daily Value
Evening Primrose Oil ... 500 mg ... *
(GLA 38 mg)
*Daily Value not established for this ingredient
Gelatin, glycerin, purified water
One (1) softgel daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.