- Metabolic Maintenance Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin, taken with meals, supports normal digestion. Betaine hydrochloride may lower the pH (increase acidity) of stomach contents for more effective digestion of food and therefore increase the availability and absorption of otherwise bound nutrients.
- Pepsin is a protease that naturally aids in the breakdown of dietary protein into small peptides for absorption. Betaine hydrochloride should be avoided by those with hyperchlorhydria and stomach cancers.
- Optimizes stomach acidity.
- Promotes proper protein breakdown.
- May ease symptoms of suboptimal digestion.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Amount Per Capsule ... %Daily Value
Betaine Hydrochloride ... 648 mg ... *
Pepsin (1:3,000) ... 200 mg ... *
Vegetarian Cellulose Capsule, L-Leucine.
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Use as directed by a healthcare professional.
Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.