- Metabolic Maintenance 5-HTP 100 mg plays a role in both sleep regulation and mood balance. 5-HTP is a precursor for serotonin, which can then be converted to melatonin (the hormone that helps us fall and stay asleep).
- However, 5-HTP bypasses the light-triggering system that regulates the release of melatonin, increasing both serotonin and melatonin release, regardless of light or time of day. Serotonin has a calming effect on brain chemistry, and may help to ease anxiety.
- Serotonin also plays an important role in many other bodily functions, including digestion, appetite, and pain perception.
- Our 5-HTP is naturally derived from the seeds of the African plant Griffonia simplicifolia and is combined with activated vitamin B-6 as active P-5-P, an important cofactor in serotonin metabolism. Consult with your physician if using SSRI’s.
- Provides important precursor of serotonin and melatonin.
- Nourishes proper gut function
- Supports healthy mood and sleep.
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Amount Per Capsule ... %Daily Value
Vitamin C ... 100 mg ... 111%
(as Ascorbic Acid)
Vitamin B-6 ... 3 mg ... 176%
(as 5 mg Pyridoxal 5' Phosphate)
5-Hydroxytryptophan ... 100 mg ... *
Glycine ... 300 mg ... *
*Daily Value not established for this ingredient
Vegetarian cellulose capsule.
One (1) capsule daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional. Best taken between meals or at bedtime.
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the eight major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA):
Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose, or cure any disease.