- Life Extension Vitamins D and K with Sea-Iodine Helps Maintain Healthy Bones and Calcium Absorption.
- An avalanche of favorable studies has resulted in record numbers of Americans supplementing with vitamin D. Since it is virtually impossible to obtain adequate vitamin D from food sources, supplementation with 5,000-8,000 IU daily is required by many aging individuals.
- Overlooked by almost everyone (except Life Extension members) is the critical importance of vitamin K. If one is concerned enough about their health to take higher dose vitamin D, it seems absurd to miss out on the benefits of vitamin K. For instance, vitamin D facilitates calcium absorption into the bloodstream and thus plays an important role in maintaining bone density. Less recognized is the need for vitamin K to transport calcium from the bloodstream into the bone. Vitamin K is also required by calcium-regulating proteins in the arteries. Together these two vitamins help maintain youthful calcium skeletal distribution while promoting vascular health.
- Vitamin K can be found in small amounts in the diet, but obtaining the desired higher potencies requires supplementation. Many Life Extension members obtain optimal potencies of long-acting vitamin K in the Super Booster or Super K formulations. An increasing number of new members, however, are asking for high-potency vitamin Dbut are not taking any supplemental vitamin K.
- To directly address this problem, Life Extension has put together a formula called Vitamins D and K with Sea-Iodine. Like vitamins D and K, few Americans obtain optimal amounts of iodine. As people seek to limit their salt intake, this deficit is exacerbated since iodized salt is the principal source of this mineral in many diets. We expect the issue of iodine insufficiency to receive more media attention as new studies uncover the problems this creates. Sea-Iodine is included in this formula to provide iodine without the harmful effects of sodium.
Serving Size 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) ....... 5000 IU
Vitamin K activity from: ..... 2100 mcg
Vitamin K1 (as phytonadione) ..... 1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-4)......1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as all-trans menaquinone-7) ...100 mcg
Iodine [from Sea-Iodine™ Complex Blend (organic kelp and bladderwrack extracts, potassium iodide)].....1000 mcg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, modified food starch, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, silica
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule once daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10,000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels. If you have a thyroid condition or are taking antithyroid medications, do not use without consulting your healthcare practitioner. If you are taking anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult with your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
This is a hard to find vitamin combination that is reasonably priced
I had been taking 5 capsules of 1000 IU Vitamin D plus a capsule of K2, and thinking about buying an Iodine supplement when I found this. Very happy to now have 7 pills worth all in one small capsule. Very good price also.