- Life Extension Vegetarian DHA is an Algae Sourced Omega-3 for Eye, Heart and Brain Health.
- The omega-3 fatty acid DHA accounts for 40% of the polyunsaturated fats in the brain! Brain synapses the connectors through which brain neurons communicate with each other have a higher concentration of DHA than almost any other tissue in the body. DHA stimulates the production of neuronal features that underlie learning.
- Studies show that DHA is required for the production of essential neuroprotectins to support healthy cell signaling. In fact, scientists have been focusing research specifically on how sufficient levels of DHA in healthy individuals may support normal mood and behavior in adults and children, as well as normal cognitive function at any age.
- DHA is also a major structural fat in the retina of the eye, accounting for up to 60% of the total polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs). And a wealth of research demonstrates that this important fatty acid plays an important role in our bodies.
- So it's no wonder that some individuals wish to boost their DHA levels for cognitive and retinal health, because the DHA in fish oil just may not be enough. In addition, scientific research has found that the proportions of DHA in body tissue are substantially lower in vegans and vegetarians when compared with those who regularly eat foods from animal sources. In fact, a scientific study found that 200 mg of DHA results in a large increase in the proportion of DHA in blood lipids in vegetarians and vegans.
- So Life Extension has developed a premium DHA formulation derived from sustainable algae sources. Made with a highly refined DHA oil derived entirely from algae cells in culture, it meets the most rigid standards of vegan and vegetarian diets and is ideal for virtually everyone who wishes to supplement their DHA intake.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian softgel
Amount Per Serving
Calories ...... 5
Calories from Fat ...... 5
Total Fat ........ 0.5 g
DHA† (docosahexaenoic acid) (from algae oil Schizochytrium sp.) ...... 200 mg
modified corn starch, glycerin, high oleic sunflower oil, purified water, carrageenan, sorbitol, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherols, natural flavor, sunflower lecithin, beta-carotene, caramel color.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) softgel once or twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.