- Life Extension Super CLA Blend with Sesame Lignans helps with weight loss and helps maintain optimal weight.
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) refers to a group of positional and geometric isomers of linoleic acid, which are found primarily in meat and dairy products.
- CLA has been shown in a number of studies to have a wide variety of benefits with regards to the immune system, cardiovascular protection, blood sugar maintenance, lipid profiles and body composition.
- In studies that support the use of CLA in a weight loss program, the amount of CLA used varies from 1.7 to 12 grams per day. Those studies included:
- A study that showed a dose of 3.4 g CLA per day for 12 weeks seems to be sufficient to reduce body fat mass (BFM) significantly in overweight humans.
- Another study on human subjects that showed 3.2 g per day of CLA increased lean body mass over a 12 week period.
- A six-month study on healthy or overweight adults showed CLA decreased body fat mass in specific regions of the body for all participants.
- Another six-month study on healthy overweight people showed that supplementation with CLA prevented weight gain during the holiday season.116 Modest loss in fat mass has been shown using 3.2 grams per day of CLA.
- Sesame lignans have been shown to stimulate fatty acid oxidation in the liver, and help stimulate lipolysis (fat breakdown).
Serving Size 3 softgels
Amount Per Serving
Calories ... 30
Total Fat ... 3 g
Super CLA Blend^ [std. to 78% conjugated linoleic acid] ... 3000 mg
Sesame seed lignan extract ... 20 mg
Gelatin, glycerin, silica, purified water, carob color, sunflower lecithin, rosemary extract.
Dosage and Use
Take three (3) softgels daily with meals.
Can be taken in divided doses or all at once.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.