- Life Extension Super Carnosine protects muscle cells & muscle mass from age-related decline.*
- Carnosine has the ability to suppress formation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs) and inhibit the formation of reactive oxygen species (ROS), a culprit in oxidative stress that can lead to age-related conditions. Carnosine levels decline with age. Muscle levels decline 63% from age 10 to age 70, which may account for the normal age-related decline in muscle mass and function.*
- Since carnosine acts as a pH buffer, it can keep on protecting muscle cell membranes from oxidation under the acidic conditions of muscular exertion. Carnosine enables the heart muscle to contract more efficiently through enhancement of calcium response in heart myocytes.*
- Aging causes irreversible damage to the body’s proteins. One underlying mechanism behind this damage is glycation. Glycation involves the non-enzyme controlled cross-linking of proteins or lipids and sugars to form non-functioning structures in the body. The process of glycation can be superficially seen as unsightly wrinkled skin. Glycation is also an underlying cause of age-related neurologic, vascular, and eye problems. Carnosine is a unique dipeptide that can interfere with the glycation process.*
- Benfotiamine, as found in Life Extension Super Carnosine, provides additional protection against glycation reactions while guarding cells. Even people with normal glucose levels encounter damaging sugar reactions over a lifetime. Benfotiamine protects against glucose-induced cell damage via several mechanisms.*
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Thiamine (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl)........50 mg
Luteolin [from orange extract (fruit)].......4 mg
vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, ascorbyl palmitate, silica, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule two to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.