- Life Extension Optimized African Mango Irvingia with Phase 3 Calorie Control Complex formulation provides a combination of natural compounds that combat age-related fat accumulation via the following eight distinct mechanisms:
- Delaying digestion and absorption of sucrose.
- Enhancing resting energy expenditure at the cellular level.
- Slowing the absorption of dietary fat from the intestines.
- Moderating alpha-amylase enzyme activity to reduce the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream.
- Reducing alpha-glucosidase enzyme activity to further slow the absorption of starches and sugars into the bloodstream.
- Supporting leptin sensitivity to stimulate lipolysis.
- Supporting youthful levels of adiponectin to help maintain healthy insulin sensitivity.
- Moderating glycerol-3-phosphate dehydrogenase enzyme activity to reduce the amount of ingested starches that are converted to triglycerides and stored as fat.
- Sucrase is the name given to a number of enzymes that catalyze the hydrolysis of sucrose to fructose and glucose in the small intestine for absorption into the bloodstream. Phase 3 is a patented compound that functions as a beneficial sucrase modulator. It contains L-Arabinose, a natural substance found in plants that reduces the number of absorbed calories from sugar. Phase 3 can help support healthy insulin metabolism and blood sugar levels in those already within normal range. Phase 3 is just one ingredient in Optimized Irvingia.
- The ability of green tea extracts to inhibit the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat has been the subject of research studies across the globe. Mounting scientific research has documented the metabolic effects of green tea polyphenols. A proprietary phytosome complex has shown an ability to increase the absorption of green tea polyphenols into the bloodstream better than conventional tea extracts, resulting in peak plasma levels of the critical green tea polyphenol epigallocatechin-3-gallate.
- Aging reduces our ability to utilize the carbohydrates (and fats) that constitute what most would consider part of a healthy diet. The result is that as we grow older, our bloodstreams become bloated with glucose and triglycerides in direct contrast to the metabolic profile we have in our younger years. Emerging scientific research suggests that the alpha-amylase enzyme plays an undesirable role in the digestion of dietary carbohydrates and subsequent absorption of calories from starch and sugar.
- A natural bean extract (Phaseolus vulgaris) moderates alpha-amylase activity. In a human trial in which all overweight participants were placed on a 2,000“2,200-calorie, carbohydrate-rich diet, those taking Phaseolus vulgaris lost 6.5 pounds and 1.2 inches in waist size in only 30 days compared with 0.8 pounds and 0.2 inches in the placebo group. Optimized Irvingia contains the identical Phaseolus vulgaris used in this study.
- Another intestinal enzyme that enables carbohydrate absorption is alpha-glucosidase. A patented seaweed extract has demonstrated the ability to help maintain healthy levels of both alpha-glucosidase and alpha-amylase. When given to laboratory animals, this seaweed extract reduced after-meal (postprandial) glucose elevations by up to 90% compared with non-supplemented animals.
- Remember, young healthy individuals rapidly convert ingested fats and sugars into energy. Age-related changes decrease our metabolic capacity to efficiently utilize dietary fats and sugars. It is thus paramount for aging people to reduce their absorption of excess calories. By taking nutrients before each meal that reduce the activity of carbohydrate and fat digesting enzymes, the calorie burden is significantly reduced.
- Fat cells (adipocytes) secrete a hormone called leptin that tells our brain we have eaten enough. Leptin can also facilitate the breakdown of stored triglycerides in our adipocytes via the process of lipolysis. Heavy individuals have startlingly high blood levels of leptin, indicating that their cells have become resistant to the leptin that is supposed to prevent them from putting on so many fat pounds.
- An extract from an African mango called Irvingia gabonensis has been shown to help support leptin sensitivity in overweight people. In a recently published study, irvingia demonstrated beneficial effects upon leptin blood levels, followed by weight loss and inches off the waistline.
- Optimized Irvingia with Phase 3 Calorie Control Complex is indeed an innovative multi-modal approach to weight loss with an additional benefit. By helping to slow the absorption of starchy food or sugars, it reduces their caloric impact. And according to a recent mammalian study, those following a calorie-restricted diet were shown to significantly reduce the risk of mortality from age-related causes. This suggests that regular supplementation with this or any irvingia formulation may help provide anti-aging benefits similar to those found in this recent study.
Serving Size 2 vegetarian capsules
Amount Per Serving
Iodine ... 25 mcg
(typical value naturally occurring from kelp and bladderwrack)
Chromium ... 100 mcg
(as Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix)
Integra-Lean® African Mango ... 150 mg
(Irvingia gabonensis) proprietary extract (seed)
Calorie Control Complex providing:
InSea2® ... 125 mg
[proprietary composition of demineralized polyphenols from brown seaweeds kelp and Bladderwrack]
TeaSlender™ Green Tea Phytosome ... 150 mg
Green Tea Phytosome decaffeinated extract (leaf) ... 445 mg
containing standardized green tea extract bound to phosphatidylcholine (from lecithin) Phase 2® white kidney (bean) extract
Phase 3™ Sucrase Inhibitor L-Arabinose and ... 550 mg
Chromium GlycoProtein Matrix (supplying 475 mg L-arabinose and 100 mcg chromium in a food bound state)
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), lecithin, gum arabic, stearic acid, silica, vegetable stearate, maltodextrin.
Dosage and Use
Take two (2) capsules twice daily 15 minutes before meals.
Best if taken before meals containing carbohydrates or starches, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.