- Life Extension High Potency Optimized Folate (L-Methylfolate) is a bioactive folate and is up to seven times more bioavailable than folic acid.
- Those who take ordinary folate supplements, however, may not be experiencing its full spectrum of effects. This is because once ingested, not everyone converts folate to its biologically active form called 5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF).
- Research shows that in a large proportion of the population, genetic enzyme deficiencies prevent the conversion of folate to 5-MTHF, leaving many vulnerable to low blood folate levels (and higher than desired homocysteine).
- A more useful approach is to take the bioactive folate 5-MTHF directly, which has been declassified as a drug and is now available as a dietary supplement. 5-MTHF has been shown to dramatically raise red blood cell folate concentration, an indicator of folate status181 compared with folic acid supplementation.
- Folate helps maintain homocysteine levels within the normal range, thereby promoting cardiovascular health. Folate also supports neurotransmitter synthesiswhich in turn, helps maintain cognitive abilities.
- Each vegetarian tablet of High Potency Optimized Folate provides 5,000 mcg of the metabolically active 5-MTHF form of folate.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian tablet
Amount Per Serving
Folate [as (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate, calcium salt] .......5,000 mcg
microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, silica, vegetable stearate
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) tablet daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Do not use this product if treated with methotrexate, fluorouracil, phenytoin, phenobarbital, primidone, or levodopa prior to consultation with your personal physician.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.