- Life Extension' Only Trace Minerals provides bioavailable forms of minerals in a convenient, low-cost supplement.
- Zinc is a mineral that stimulates the activity of approximately 300 enzymes, which are substances that promote biochemical reactions in your body. These reactions are essential for the formation of superoxide dismutase, one of the body' most important free radical scavengers. Zinc also promotes immune function, taste sensitivity, protein and DNA synthesis, insulin production, reproductive organ development and sperm motility. Zinc also supports normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood, and adolescence. Age-related declines in immune function are associated with zinc deficiency, and the elderly represent a group that is vulnerable to mild zinc deficiency. Certain aspects of immune function in the elderly have been found to improve with zinc supplementation.
- Chromium plays an important role in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels in those within normal levels when used as part of a healthy diet.
- Boron is an essential nutrient for optimal calcium metabolism and healthy bones and joints. Boron may affect human steroid hormone levels. Dietary boron intake may support a healthy prostate.
- Vanadyl sulfate is an effective form of the trace mineral vanadium. Research indicates vanadyl sulfate may improve tissue sensitivity and promote already healthy glucose metabolism for those within normal range.
- Individuals consuming over 50 mg of zinc daily and/or a high level of fructose are advised to supplement their diet with 2 mg copper several times per week. Copper is required by the body to convert iron into hemoglobin and is an essential constituent of many important body enzymes including a form of superoxide dismutase, a major cellular antioxidant.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Zinc (as OptiZinc® zinc monomethionine) ......20 mg
Copper (as TRAACS® copper bisglycinate chelate)...... 2 mg
Manganese (as manganese sulfate) ......2 mg
Chromium (as TRAACS® chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate) ......400 mcg
Molybdenum (as TRAACS® molybdenum glycinate chelate) ......250 mcg
Boron (as boron citrate, aspartate, glycinate complex) ......3 mg
Vanadyl sulfate (providing 750 mcg vanadium) ......3.75 mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), maltodextrin, stearic acid
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.