- Life Extension MEGA EPA/DHA contains twice as much EPA and DHA as most commercially available fish oil capsules.
- The body needs fatty acids to survive and is able to make all but two of them: linoleic acid (LA), in the omega-6 family, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) in the omega-3 family. These two fatty acids must be supplied by the diet and are therefore considered essential fatty acids (EFAs).
- Omega-3 fatty acids, found in coldwater fish (and fish oil), perilla and flaxseed oils, are essential elements of a healthy diet. Omega-3 oils contain eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which are usually lacking in the typical Western diet, which is filled with foods containing high amounts of omega-6 fats. EPA and DHA can be synthesized in the body from ALA, but EPA and DHA synthesis may be insufficient under certain conditions and for most people that consume Western diets.
- Most Americans and citizens of other Western nations consume far too many omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids and not enough omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. In fact, some Western diets consist of 20 parts of omega-6 to only one part of omega-3. For optimum health, the ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids should be between 1:1 and 4:1.
- Studies associate the Mediterranean diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids such as that found in olive oil, and antioxidant-rich fruits, vegetables, and herbs with cardiovascular health and increased life span. Other studies support omega-3' importance in cardiovascular health.
Serving Size 2 softgels
Amount Per Serving
Calories ... 20
Total Fat ... 2 g
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol) ... 2.7 mcg
Fish Oil Concentrate ... 2000 mg
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) ... 720 mg
DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) ... 480 mg
Other ingredients: highly refined fish oil concentrate (Anchovy), gelatin, glycerin, purified water, caramel color, natural flavor, mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract,sunflower oil.
Dosage and Use
Take two (2) softgels one to two times daily with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Store tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.