- Life Extension Magnesium Citrate is a Bio-available Mineral Essential for Cardiovascular Health.
- Magnesium is one of the body' most important minerals. It is required as a cofactor in hundreds of enzymatic processes within cells. It helps maintain normal muscle and nerve function, keeps heart rhythm steady, promotes healthy cardiovascular function, supports a healthy immune system, and keeps bones strong. Magnesium also helps maintain blood sugar and blood pressure levels already within normal range, and it is known to be involved in energy metabolism and protein synthesis.
- Magnesium is a major factor in relaxing the smooth muscles within the blood vessels, thereby reducing peripheral vascular resistance and promoting a healthy cardiovascular system. Magnesium also affects circulating levels of norepinephrine and the synthesis of serotonin and nitric oxide.
- Magnesium positively influences the bone mineral matrix and its ability to metabolize minerals needed for repair and rebuilding. Scientific literature documents the need for a wide range of minerals, including calcium and magnesium, that are vital to maintaining strong, healthy bones.
- Moreover, there is strong evidence that dietary magnesium intake and supplementation improves the metabolic profile. Magnesium has been shown to beneficially impact insulin resistance, serum lipid profiles, inflammation, endothelial function, oxidative stress and platelet aggregability.
- The typical dose of elemental magnesium is 100 to 350 mg a day. Higher doses of 300 mg to 548 mg daily have been shown to help support healthy blood pressure.
Serving Size: 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Magnesium (as magnesium citrate) ... 100 mg
Vegetable cellulose (capsule), vegetable stearate.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule one to two times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Can be taken all at once or in divided doses.
If taken in high doses, magnesium may have a laxative effect. If this occurs, divide dosing, reduce intake, or discontinue product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.