- Life Extension Liquid Vitamin D3 Provides Immune Support and Bone Density Support.
- Vitamin D3 can be synthesized by humans in the skin upon exposure to ultraviolet-B (UVB) radiation from sunlight. But, due to the winter season, weather conditions, and sun screen usage, the body' ability to produce optimal vitamin D levels may be inhibited. These factors point to the value of taking a daily vitamin D supplement.
- Vitamin D has long provided significant support for healthy bone density. However, scientists have also validated the critical role that vitamin D plays in regulating healthy cell division and differentiation, and its profound effects on human immunity. These findings link a deficiency of vitamin D to a host of common age-related problems.
- The current RDA for vitamin D is only 600 IU which has resulted in startling evidence of a widespread deficiency for this vitamin. Most experts in the field now recommend intakes between 1,000 - 10,000 IU for adults to achieve a serum 25(OH)D level above those indicative of vitamin D deficient levels, at approximately 80 nmol/L or 32 ng/mL.
- Life Extension suggests that healthy adults supplement each day with 5000-8000 IU of vitamin D with the objective of achieving an optimal 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood level between 50-80 ng/mL. A vitamin D blood test can help you determine the amount of vitamin D you need to supplement to achieve an optimal level.
Serving Size 1 drop (approx. 0.04 mL)
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol)50 mcg
Medium chain triglycerides oil, peppermint flavor.
Contains tree nuts (coconut).
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) drop once or twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
The number of drops may vary based on temperature and altitude.
Individuals consuming more than 50 mcg (2000 IU)/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Do not exceed 10000 IU per day unless recommended by your doctor. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I think since I have more energy and a better mood since I got my vitamin D levels up to where they are supposed to be.