- Life Extension Mix saves time and money by combining the most important nutrients into one product, eliminating the need to take dozens of separate supplements required to achieve the same effects.
- Life Extension Mix supplies powerful antioxidant vitamins and plant extracts that help protect against cellular DNA damage. Other ingredients in Life Extension Mix enhance beneficial DNA methylation patterns, help maintain glycemic control, and help prevent the oxidation of LDL that contributes to the buildup of deposits in the endothelial lining.
- Life Extension Mix is the cornerstone of a comprehensive supplement program because it provides so many well-studied nutrients. If you are on a budget, the Life Extension Mix provides the best cost-per-milligram value.
- Life Extension Mix contains unique vegetable, fruit, botanical extracts, amino acids, vitamins, and minerals. This state-of-the-art multi-nutrient formula has been updated numerous times since its launch in 1983.
- The Life Extension Mix formula is fortified with botanical extracts that help maintain healthy cellular functions. Consumption of these types of botanical extracts is being recommended based on research emanating from the world' most prestigious medical centers.
- Life Extension Mix formula also contains a cutting-edge chromium complex to help maintain healthy glucose metabolism in those within normal range, a breakthrough antioxidant that helps support night vision, and a lemon-based folate in an amount that makes your personal dosing easier.
- The formulation that already provides a broad spectrum of botanical extracts now also contains trans-pterostilbene. This compound, found naturally in blueberries and grapes, has been shown to have beneficial anti-aging effects on gene expression and to promote healthy cognitive function.
- The pomegranate extract contained in Life Extension Mix is standardized to provide the biologically active punicalagins that are so unique to this fruit.
- Pomegranate punicalagins are 100% water-soluble and have shown a remarkable 95% absorption rate. When tested against popular antioxidant food extracts, pomegranate demonstrated one of the most potent free radical-suppressing effects. This means that pomegranate punicalagins not only absorb much better than other natural antioxidants, but they also have a superior antioxidant capacity.
- Peer-reviewed published human studies show that pomegranate helps maintain healthy cardiovascular function by enhancing the endothelial nitric oxide synthase bioactivity, and inhibiting the oxidation of LDL cholesterol. Pomegranate also has the unique property of helping to maintain healthy DNA structure in the prostate cells. This pomegranate extract is standardized to provide the punicalagins and other polyphenols found in up to 2.6 ounces of pomegranate juice.
- Life Extension Mix provides the standardized wild blueberry extract that provides the most active constituents found in this health-promoting fruit.
- Life Extension introduced green tea extract as a supplement in 1993 based on epidemiological studies showing that people who consumed green tea had lower incidences of common age-related problems. Over the past 18 years, an enormous volume of positive studies has been published about the health benefits of green tea.
- Scientists have looked at the active polyphenol constituents of green tea and have found that they possess remarkable biological activities that include inhibiting LDL oxidation and neuronal peroxidation, while maintaining healthy DNA structure.
- Life Extension Mix contains 325 mg of a decaffeinated green tea extract that is standardized to provide 98% of the active polyphenols that scientists attribute to green tea' multiple health benefits.
- Life Extension Mix contains a standardized dose of 8 mg of luteolin, a dose that emulates the benefits seen in published scientific studies.
- Broccoli is touted as one of the most important vegetables to maintain healthy DNA gene structure. Broccoli contains several active constituents, with sulforaphane being the most significant because of its unique detoxification and DNA-protecting effects. Life Extension Mix provides a concentrated broccoli mixture that provides standardized extracts of sulforaphane and glucosinolates, two compounds attributed to broccoli' multiple protective benefits. Broccoli is also a natural source of gene-protecting chlorophyll.
- D-glucarate is found in grapefruit, apples, oranges, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. d-glucarate effectively supports a detoxification process that helps to remove DNA toxins from the body. The daily dose of Life Extension Mix provides 200 mg of calcium D-glucarate (supplying 175 mg of d-glucarate).
- Lutein, an extract found in corn and in leafy greens such as kale and spinach, has been shown to help maintain critical pigments in the eye macula. The carotenoid alpha carotene has demonstrated antioxidant activity greater than beta-carotene, whereas lycopene from tomatoes has shown potent effects in helping to maintain DNA structure and protecting against LDL oxidation. Life Extension Mix contains 60 times more lutein and 10 times more lycopene than popular one-per-day multivitamins. Most multivitamin supplements provide no vegetable extracts whatsoever.
- In addition to standardized pomegranate and wild blueberry extract, Life Extension Mix is also fortified with fruit extracts such as bilberry, grape seed, and citrus bioflavonoids to provide healthy circulation throughout the body and maintain healthy DNA.
- Scientists have long touted the multiple benefits of fruits such as blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, prunes, elderberry, persimmon, and cherry. This enhanced Life Extension Mix provides a customized blend of these and other fruits that studies indicate provide multiple favorable effects in the body. That includes maqui berry and tart cherry for their antioxidant benefits for heart health as well as muscle and joint function.
- Olive oil consumption is one of the important factors behind the health benefits of the Mediterranean Diet. Researchers have discovered that there are up to 300 times more polyphenol compounds in olive juice compared to olive oil. Olive polyphenols have been the subject of numerous in vitro, in vivo, and human studies pointing toward their benefits in many different areas, including protecting against LDL oxidation, suppressing free radicals, and stabilizing cell membranes. Life Extension Mix contains an olive extract standardized to provide the best-documented polyphenol, hydroxytyrosol.
- Sesame and its lignans have a broad range of applications in human health. This includes increasing human tissue levels of gamma-tocopherol by facilitating carrier proteins in the liver to deliver nutrients to cells throughout the body.
- Sesame lignans increase the beneficial effects of fish oils and help maintain already-normal cholesterol/LDL levels in humans. Life Extension Mix provides 10 mg of a sesame lignan extract to supply the direct benefits of the lignans, and augment the effects of vitamin E and other nutrients in the body such as gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
- Chromium, along with magnesium and biotin, is a nutrient required to maintain healthy blood sugar for those already within normal range. Life Extension Mix provides 500 mcg of highly stable, biologically active chromium as Crominex 3+ (a cutting-edge chromium complex with Capros Amla and PrimaVie Shilajit), a better-absorbed form of magnesium, and a super high-potency biotin. A review of studies showing benefits of chromium supplementation reveals that doses exceeding 200 mcg a day are required for optimal effects.
- As we age, our ability to see in the dark is impaired. The reason is that a compound called rhodopsin, that absorbs light in the retina, dramatically declines over time, resulting in a progressive loss of dark vision.
- Researchers have discovered that a powerful antioxidant called C3G (cyanidin-3-glucoside), found in blackberries and black currants, regenerates rhodopsin to enhance night vision. In a study involving a group of healthy volunteers, just 50 mg of a berry extract concentrate containing C3G helped aging individuals see better in darkness after 30 minutes!
- Interestingly, bioavailable C3G also enhances other functions in the body as well. Its potent antioxidant properties protect tissues and support endothelial cell health. Its beneficial effects on blood vessels are especially important in the retina, where delicate nerve cells depend on the single ophthalmic artery for sustenance.
- This newly enhanced Life Extension Mix formulation contains 1.25 mg of C3G to support eye health.
Serving Size 8 tablets (per day)
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin A (as beta-carotene, acetate) (5,000 IU) ......1500 mcg
Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate, ascorbic acid, ascorbyl palmitate, magnesium ascorbate, niacinamide ascorbate, acerola extract) ...... 1000 mg
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) (2,000 IU) ......50 mcg
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate, D-alpha tocopherol) ......67 mg
Thiamine (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl) ......125 mg
Riboflavin (vitamin B2) (as riboflavin, riboflavin 5’-phosphate) ......50 mg
Niacin (as 60% niacinamide, 39% niacin, 1% niacinamide ascorbate) ......862 mg
Vitamin B6 [as pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (100 mg), pyridoxine HCI (5 mg)] ......105 mg
Folate (as L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate calcium salt) ......400 mcg
Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) ......600 mcg
Biotin ......3000 mcg
Pantothenic acid (as D-calcium pantothenate with 5 mg pantethine) ...... 600 mg
Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate, Ca ascorbate, D-calcium pantothenate, Ca D-glucarate) ......500 mg
Iodine (as potassium iodide) ......150 mcg
Magnesium (as magnesium oxide, arginate, citrate, taurinate, glycinate, ascorbate) ...... 420 mg
Zinc (as zinc citrate, L-OptiZinc®3 zinc mono-L-methionine sulfate) ......35 mg
Selenium [as sodium selenite, SelenoExcell®4 high selenium yeast, Se-methyl L-selenocysteine] ......200 mcg
Copper (as TRAACS®13 copper bisglycinate chelate) ......1 mg
Manganese (as manganese citrate, gluconate) ......1 mg
Chromium [as Crominex®5 3+ chromium stabilized with Capros® amla extract (fruit), PrimaVie® Shilajit] ......500 mcg
Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate) ......125 mcg
Potassium (as potassium citrate) ......35 mg
Broccoli concentrate blend [broccoli powder, extract (sprout , floret, seed) (providing glucosinolates, sulforaphane), calcium D-glucarate] ......725 mg
N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC) ...... 600 mg
Decaffeinated green tea extract (leaf) [std. to 45% epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)] ......325 mg
Acerola extract 4:1 (berry) ...... 300 mg
Inositol ......250 mg
Bitter orange citrus bioflavonoids (peel, fruit) [std. to 50% hesperidin] ...... 200 mg
Fruit/berry proprietary blend [European elder, blackberry, blueberry, sweet cherry, cranberry, plum, persimmon (Diospyros kaki) powders] 200 mg
Taurine ......200 mg
Wild blueberry anthocyanin extract (fruit) ......150 mg
Sensoril®12 Ashwagandha extract (root,leaf ) [std. to 32% oligosaccharides, 10% glycoside conjugates] ......125 mg
Silymarin [from milk thistle extract (seed)] ......100 mg
Trimethylglycine (TMG) (as betaine anhydrous) ......100 mg
CherryPure®1 sour cherry (tart cherry) proanthocyanidin extract (skin) ......85 mg
POMELLA®9 pomegranate extract (fruit) [std. to 30% punicalagins] ......85 mg
Natural mixed tocopherols (providing gamma, delta, alpha, beta tocopherols) ......60 mg
MirtoSelect®11 bilberry extract (fruit) ......30 mg
BioVin®7 grape proanthocyanidin extract (whole grape) ......25 mg
Leucoselect®6 grape seed proanthocyanidin extract ......25 mg
Bromelain [from pineapple (stem)] (2400 gelatin digestive units/gram) ......15 mg
Lutein [from marigold extract (flower)] (providing 465 mcg trans-zeaxanthin) ......15 mg
Olive extract (fruit) (providing polyphenols, hydroxytyrosol, tyrosol, oleuropein) ......12.5 mg
Sesame seed lignan extract ......10 mg
Luteolin [from orange extract (fruit)] ......8 mg
Apigenin ......5 mg
Boron (as boron amino acid chelate) ...... 3 mg
Lycopene [from LycoBeads®8 natural tomato extract (fruit)] ......3 mg
Delphinidins [from Delphinol®2 maqui berry (Aristotelia chilensis) extract (fruit)] ......2 mg
Cyanidin-3-glucoside (C3G) [from black currant extract (fruit)] ......1.25 mg
trans-Pterostilbene (from pTeroPure®10) ......0.5 mg
stearic acid, maltodextrin, croscarmellose sodium, vegetable stearate, aqueous film coating (purified water, hypromellose, glycerin), silica
Dosage and Use
Take eight (8) tablets per day in divided doses with meals, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Temporary flushing, itching, rash, or gastric disturbances may occur. Liver function testing is recommended when niacin is taken in excess of 500 mg daily. Those with gout or liver diseases should avoid taking high doses of niacin. Consult with your doctor before using this product if you are taking anticoagulant medications. Individuals consuming more than 2,000 IU/day of vitamin D (from diet and supplements) should periodically obtain a serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D measurement. Vitamin D supplementation is not recommended for individuals with high blood calcium levels. Individuals with in-born errors of copper metabolism (e.g. Wilson’s disease) should avoid daily, chronic use of this product.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.