- Life Extension Lactoferrin is one of the transferrin proteins that transfer iron to the cells and control the level of free iron in the blood and external secretions.
- It has antimicrobial activity and is part of the innate defense. Though human colostrum (first milk) has the highest concentration, followed by human milk, then cow' milk, lactoferrin is found throughout the human body.
- Published studies examining lactoferrin as a supplement and its beneficial effects on immunity have been quite promising. Life Extension Lactoferrin helps maintain a proper level of good bacteria in the intestinal tract while controlling the number of "bad" bacteria.*
- Lactoferrin is also known to have an extremely high affinity to bind to iron.
- Studies show that apolactoferrin, the iron-depleted form of lactoferrin, has unique benefits and may be superior to lactoferrin for supplementation.
- Life Extension' lactoferrin supplement from bovine whey contains only the superior apolactoferrin form of this important whey.
Serving Size 1 capsule
Amount Per Serving
Bioferrin® (from bovine whey) [providing 95% of Apolactoferrin].......300 mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, stearic acid.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.