- Life Extension Theanine is the predominant amino acid of tea that produces calming effects in the brain by increasing levels of serotonin and dopamine, and blocking the binding of L-glutamic acid to glutamate receptors. Life Extension members can enjoy the benefits of this unique ingredient in a 100 mg supplement. This feel good supplement causes no adverse reactions. In fact, in Japan, theanine is added to soft drinks and chewing gum for the purpose of inducing relaxation.
- The calming, mood-enhancing effect is achieved by helping to increase alpha-brain waves, electrical brain activity commonly present when you are very relaxed, literally putting you in a better mood.
- Just as meditation, massage or aromatherapy quiets the mind and body, theanine plays a role in inducing the same calm and feeling of well-being without drowsiness. It is a non-toxic, highly desirable mood modulator.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate) ....... 2 mg
Suntheanine® (L-Theanine) ....... 100 mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule)
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule one to four times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.