- Life Extension L-Glutamine 500mg Supports Mood, Muscle and Immune System.
- Glutamine is the most abundant free amino acid circulating in the blood as well as stored in the skeletal muscles. Glutamine is a diverse amino acid that is utilized in numerous vital functions. It is necessary for rapidly dividing cells, including those of the gut and immune system. It is also used as an energy source in mitochondria,180 and is a precursor of the brain neurotransmitter glutamate. Glutamine is also needed for optimal nucleotide biosynthesis and protein synthesis.
- The function of glutamine in stimulating glycogen synthase, the enzyme which controls the synthesis and storage of glycogen fuel in muscles and liver, may provide a mechanism by which glutamine supplements promote enhanced fuel stores.
- Glutamine is an important fuel for some immune cells, such as lymphocytes and macrophages, that may have specific immunostimulatory effects.
- People that do heavy exercising can lower their glutamine levels causing stress to their body and immune systems. For that reason, supplementing with glutamine can be important to a serious athlete, someone challenged with muscle loss, or who wants to help maintain optimal immune function under heavy stress. Glutamine supplements cause a rapid rise in cellular glutamine levels and glutamine stores in muscle.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
L-Glutamine (free form amino acid)........500 mg
vegetable cellulose (capsule), microcrystalline cellulose, rice flour, stearic acid
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule once or twice daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you have significant kidney or liver disease, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
I've only been using it consistently for a month so it's hard to a quantify any real changes. But my blood work results keep coming back great, and my naturopath says it really helps with healing and recovery.