- Life Extension HepatoPro contains PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine). Each 900-mg PPC softgel is well-absorbed when taken orally and has no known contraindications, side effects, or drug interactions.
- The liver is a large glandular organ, whose functions include decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, secretion of bile, and conversion of sugars into glycogen, which it stores. The liver is also responsible for processing many vitamins and nutrients into a form that can be utilized by the body, as well as detoxification of various substances. Modern living involves daily exposure to substances that are toxic to our bodies, which imposes a heavy load on the liver. Therefore, a healthy liver is critical to well-being. Certain lifestyle risks and medical conditions make it all the more important to ensure that the liver is being maintained at its functional best.
- Endogenous phospholipid is an integral part of all cell membranes and essential for their structural and functional integrity. The chemical structure of an extract from soybeans called PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine) corresponds to that of endogenous phospholipid and integrates in the cell membrane, becoming the cell' constitutive element. PPC possesses functional superiority because of its content of unsaturated fatty acids. PPC has antioxidant, cytoprotective, and fluid-regulating effects and has been shown to enhance cell membrane function throughout the body.
- It is believed that PPC' beneficial effect is based on its ability to be incorporated into liver cell membranes to help restore its structure and the functioning of corresponding enzymes. This results in an increase in membrane fluidity and transport activity across the membrane.
- PPC also has strong antioxidant properties, which means it may reduce oxidative stress (cellular changes that generate free radicals), may help protect the liver by modulating its immune response.
- PPC is also incorporated into blood lipoproteins, helping to extend its benefits beyond the liver to promote arterial health.
- Mounting evidence suggests that PPC supplementation beneficially supports the critical process of reverse cholesterol transport. This process is a well-documented function of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) that involves the transport of cholesterol from the arterial walls to the liver for processing.
- Research also supports PPC' critical role in helping to reduce LDL oxidation. In fact, a growing body of research shows that PPC can help maintain healthy lipoprotein profiles in those already within normal range.
Serving Size 1 Softgel
Amount Per Serving
Calories ....... 10
Calories from Fat ........ 10
Total Fat ........ 1 g
Polyenylphosphatidylcholine [Unsaturated phosphatidylcholine from highly purified soy bean extract] ........ 900 mg
gelatin, medium chain triglycerides, sorbitol, glycerin, ethanol, purified water, silica
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) softgel two to three times daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.