- Life Extension Glycine is an Amino Acid for Healthy Sleep.
- Glycine is a conditionally essential amino acid that serves as both an inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmitter. It is the chemically simplest and most omnipresent of all the amino acids. It combines with many toxic substances, converting them to harmless forms which are then excreted.
- This amino acid has a calming effect on the brain and is also involved in growth. Research suggests that glycine may help promote deeper sleep. Glycine also has a positive impact on attention and memory in adults. Glycine may also help boost the immune defense system and has oxidative stress regulating effects.
- Most people need to take between one to three grams of glycine to be effective even though studies show high doses are safe. However, most glycine products are only available in 500 mg capsules. That makes taking higher doses cumbersome and costly. However, Life Extension' glycine comes in easy-to-swallow 1000-mg capsules.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsules
Amount Per Serving
vegetable cellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) to three (3) capsules on an empty stomach at bedtime, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.