- Life Extension Glutathione, Cysteine & C Provide Amino Acids for Immune Support.
- L-cysteine is a conditionally essential amino acid, one of only three sulfur-containing amino acids, the others being taurine (which can be produced from L-cysteine) and L-methionine (from which L-cysteine can be produced in the body by a multi-step process). Cysteine plays a role in the sulfation cycle, acting as a sulfur donor in phase II detoxification and as a methyl donor in the conversion of homocysteine to methionine. Cysteine also helps synthesize glutathione, the body' most important intracellular antioxidant and a vital detoxifier.
- Glutathione (L-gamma-glutamyl-L-cysteinyl-glycine) is a peptide molecule synthesized in the body from the three amino acids L-glutamic acid, L-cysteine and glycine. Glutathione is one of the body' most important and powerful antioxidants, helping to detoxify xenobiotics. A major function of vitamin C is to keep glutathione in its reduced form so that it can continue to provide free radical-quenching effects.
- Vitamin C, or ascorbic acid, is a white, crystalline, water-soluble substance found in citrus fruits. As an antioxidant, vitamin C scavenges free radicals in the body and protects tissues from oxidative stress. Vitamin C also promotes the absorption of iron, while preventing its oxidation. Vitamin C is a vital cofactor to the formation of collagen, the connective tissue that supports arterial walls, skin, bones, and teeth.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid).......500 mg
Setria® L-Glutathione (reduced) ....... 50 mg
L-Cysteine Hydrochloride....... 200 mg
vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice bran, microcrystalline cellulose, silica
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule one to three times daily on an empty stomach, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.