- Life Extension Ginkgo Biloba Certified Extract has been concentrated and dual-standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency, and biological activity.
- Ginkgo leaf extracts contain several active constituents with neuroprotective and cardioprotective properties. These include flavonoids (e.g., rutin, quercetin, kaempferol, and proanthocyanidins), terpenoids (i.e., ginkgolides), and organic acids. Flavonoids are known to strengthen capillaries, promote healthy blood flow to the brain, and help maintain cognitive health.
- Flavonoids such as quercetin and kaempferol from Ginkgo biloba are potent antioxidants and scavengers of many species of free radical, protecting against oxidative cell damage. Ginkgo protects the energy-producing mitochondria in the cells, thus enhancing oxygen utilization and cellular respiration. Ginkgo may also inhibit production of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1beta and TNF-alpha while upregulating the production of an anti-inflammatory cytokine called IL-10.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Ginkgo biloba (leaf) extract [std. for 24% ginkgo flavone glycosides, 6% total terpene lactones, <1ppm ginkgolic acid] ........120 mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), silica, stearic acid
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.