- Life Extension Gamma E Mixed Tocopherols (formerly Life Extension Gamma E Tocopherol with Sesame Lignans) has fortified the popular Gamma E Tocopherol supplement with standardized sesame lignans.
- Prestigious scientific journals have highlighted gamma tocopherol as one of the most critically important forms of vitamin E for those seeking optimal health benefits. In fact, studies show the combination of alpha- and gamma-tocopherol supplementation appears to be superior to either supplementation alone on biomarkers of oxidative stress and on inflammatory factors.
- Most commercial vitamin E supplements contain little, if any, gamma tocopherol. They instead rely on alpha tocopherol as the primary ingredient. However, it is gamma tocopherol (not the alpha form) that quenches peroxynitrite, the free radical that plays a major role in the development of age-related decline.
Sesame Lignans: The Super Vitamin E Booster
- Life Extension has uncovered research suggesting that adding sesame lignans to gamma tocopherol may significantly enhance its beneficial effects.138-140 Sesame and its lignans have been shown to boost antioxidative activity in the tissues by elevating the levels of two antioxidant vitamins, vitamin C and E.
Serving Size 1 Softgel
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopherol) ... 45 IU
Gamma E mixed tocopherols ... 360 mg
Gamma tocopherol ... 178 - 244 mg
Delta tocopherol ... 65 - 98 mg
Alpha tocopherol ... 27 - 39 mg
Beta tocopherol ... < 16 mg
Sesame seed lignan extract ... 20 mg
Other Ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, sunflower oil, purified water, silica, carob color, rosemary extract.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) softgel once or twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
If you are taking anti-coagulant or anti-platelet medications, or have a bleeding disorder, consult your healthcare provider before taking this product.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.