- Life Extension FLORASSIST Heart Health Probiotic contains a novel probiotic Lactobacillus reuteri 30242 that has been shown in clinical trials to safely support healthy cholesterol in adults already within the normal range. Additionally, L. reuteri 30242 has been shown to support healthy C-reactive protein (a marker for inflammation), fibrinogen (involved in clot formation), apoB-100 (a marker for LDL particle number, a known cardiovascular risk factor), and vitamin D levels (important for cardiovascular health) for those within normal range.
- Probiotics have formed a vital part of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern diets for thousands of years, in the form of fermented milk and vegetable products such as yogurt and pickles. They are credited, in part, for the optimal health and longevity seen in people of Mediterranean descent. Now, research is catching up with this traditional wisdom in the form of accelerated scientific investigations into the broad spectrum health benefits ofprobiotics. This new science, known as pharmabiotics, uses probiotic organisms as natural supplements for an almost limitless source of biologically active materials which can influence human health beyond the digestive system. Take for instance, Lactobacillus reuteri 30242. This unique strain of lactobacillus has been shown in clinical trials to safely support healthy cholesterol in adults already within the normal range.
- The size of the LDL-cholesterol particle has a greater impact on maintaining heart health than the absolute number of LDL-cholesterol particles. The LDL-particle size is influenced by a lipoprotein that is attached to its surface called apoB-100. Lactobacillus reuteri 30242 has been shown to support healthy apoB-100 levels, which may help to maintain healthy LDL particle size.
- A healthy inflammatory response is critical to maintain for health and longevity. C-reactive protein (CRP) is a sensitive marker of inflammation that has emerged as a powerful predictor of overall cardiovascular health. Lactobacillus reuteri 30242 has been shown to support healthy CRP levels.
- An important contributor to blood clotting, fibrinogen levels increase in response to cardiovascular stress. Since the overall health of the heart and blood vessels is intimately connected to healthy inflammatory factors, supporting fibrinogen within optimal levels helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system. Lactobacillus reuteri 30242 has been shown to support healthy fibrinogen levels.
- FLORASSIST Heart Health Probiotic has been carefully formulated for convenient use as a safe, easy-to-swallow capsule with no unpleasant aftertaste. One capsule with food twice daily is the perfect addition to a heart-healthy lifestyle.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Heart Health Probiotic
Lactobacillus reuteri (NCIMB 30242)
2.5 Billion CFU†
microcrystalline cellulose, capsule (hypromellose, gellan gum), silica, vegetable stearate.
†Colony Forming Units at time of manufacture.
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule twice daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.