- Life Extension DHEA Complete provides both bioidentical DHEA and the more targeted 7-Keto® DHEA metabolite.
- The 7-Keto® DHEA form has been shown to safely increase thermogenesis, and help maintain healthy body weight and body fat when combined with a diet and exercise program. A clinical study indicated that 7-Keto® DHEA increases the resting metabolic rate of adults. Antioxidants are added based on the effect 7-Keto® has in boosting mitochondrial oxidation.
- It has been shown that the serum hormone DHEA often declines by 75%–80% from peak levels by age 70, leading to hormonal imbalances that can affect one’s quality of life. Peak blood levels of DHEA occur at approximately age 25, decreasing progressively thereafter. The marked decline in serum DHEA with age is believed to play a role in health problems associated with aging. Thus, scientists have been looking at ways of restoring DHEA to youthful levels to promote optimal health, and are now discovering mechanisms by which DHEA protects against age-related decline.
- Since 1981, several thousand studies have been published on DHEA’s various benefits, including immunomodulatory properties as well as positive effects on mood, quality of life, and body composition. It has been proposed that restoring the circulating levels of DHEA to those found in young people may improve well-being and sexual function. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, ten months of DHEA replacement therapy showed a beneficial effect of enhancing the increases in muscle mass and strength with the addition of resistance exercise in elderly individuals. The studies of DHEA therapy in women with adrenal insufficiency also suggest beneficial effects on well-being, mood, and sexuality. DHEA could be of benefit to the normal aging brain. Some studies have reported DHEA may improve mood and alleviate melancholy. In addition, recent studies have shown that DHEA has the capacity to improve vascular health by a number of complex processes. One of them is increasing nitric oxide synthesis.
- In a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial, DHEA replacement therapy for one year helped protect hip bone mineral density in older adults and spine bone mineral density in older women. DHEA has also been shown to support a healthy circulatory system and joint/bone health.
Serving Size 1 vegetarian capsule
Amount Per Serving
Vitamin C (as ascorbyl palmitate) ........ 11 mg
7-Keto® DHEA (7-oxo-dehydroepiandrosterone-3β-acetate†).......100 mg
BCM-95® Bio-Curcumin® turmeric 25:1 extract (root) [std. to 95% Total Curcuminoids Complex with Essential Oils of Turmeric Rhizome by HPLC (23.75 mg)]........25 mg
DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) ....... 25 mg
Green tea decaffeinated extract (leaf) [std. to 98% polyphenols (24.5 mg)] ....... 25 mg
Japanese knotweed (root) and whole red grape extracts [std. to 35% trans-resveratrol (1 mg)] ....... 3 mg
microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable cellulose (capsule), stearic acid, silica
Dosage and Use
Take one (1) capsule upon waking and one (1) capsule before midday meal, preferably on an empty stomach or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
DHEA serum blood tests are suggested 3 to 6 weeks after initiating DHEA supplementation to optimize individual needs.
Consult a physician or licensed qualified health care professional before using this product if you have, or have a family history of breast cancer, prostate cancer, or other hormone-sensitive diseases.
***DHEA cannot be sold or shipped outside the USA***
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- DO NOT EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSE
- Do not purchase if outer seal is broken or damaged.
- When using nutritional supplements, please consult with your physician if you are undergoing treatment for a medical condition or if you are pregnant or lactating.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, mitigate, diagnose or cure any disease.
Not eligible for shipment outside of the U.S.
I find the product very good. As I have taken DHEA for years it is kind of difficult to determine how effective it actually is. However with declining levels of testoserone at age 57, taking DHEA appears to be a good move, especially since I continue to work out a few times weekl
I was very pleased with my order. It was the first time ordering and I will repeat soon.